Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use homemade or canned refried beans. Homemade is better, for sure.
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 minced jalapeno peppers
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, add the beans and mix with a little water, if needed, to thin the beans. Stir in onions, salt, garlic salt.
- Add cheese and allow to melt.
- Sprinkle with chiles.
- Heat until the beans are slightly thickened.
- Spoon into a dip bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Have made this often,have also kicked it up with a can of rotel,i use this on plates as side dish and in burittos that I fry a golden brown.Thanks for posting.