Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had an epiphany today and came up with these. Make them when you have leftover bacon (if there is such a thing). I had to make bacon, but it was worth it! Note: When I buy pickled jalapeno slices, I mince the entire jar in a 'Bullet' food processor (with the brine) because it's so much easier to evenly distribute on nachos and to use in recipes too.
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2.46 ml mustard powder
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml white vinegar
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip, it has sugar)
- salt or celery salt
- 44.37-59.16 ml minced onions
- 29.58-73.94 ml minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 slice crispy bacon, chopped fine
- 946.0 ml ziploc bag (for piping the yolk mixture into the egg)
- paprika (to garnish, chives or cilantro leaves would be good, too)
- Cook your eggs and bacon at the same time if you don't have leftovers.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise in half and pop the yolks into a small mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks thoroughly with the next four ingredients.
- Add the mayo in 3rds till it's the consistency you like, mashing any lumps of yolk. I use all the mayo but some people don't want to consume that much. More mayo makes a lighter filling.
- Salt to taste, then add the onion, jalapeno and bacon and mix well.
- Place in the quart ziploc bag (fold the top edge well down so you don't get yolk all over it and spoon the mixture into one of the corners. Unfold the bag top, smooth out any air, twirl the bag to seal the egg into it and clip the corner off the bag.
- Pipe the yolk into the egg halves. It makes quite a bit so you can mound the yolk over on the solid white part of the egg, as you fill it.
Excellent. The combination was just perfect although I will leave out the salt next time as the bacon provided plenty. I adjusted the ingredients to suit our taste. Thanks for sharing.
Dabnabit good! And your name makes me happy.