1/4 Photos of Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
I had an epiphany today and came up with these. Make them when you have leftover bacon (if there is such a thing). I had to make bacon, but it was worth it! Note: When I buy pickled jalapeno slices, I mince the entire jar in a 'Bullet' food processor (with the brine) because it's so much easier to evenly distribute on nachos and to use in recipes too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip, it has sugar)
- salt or celery salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 -5 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 slices crispy bacon, chopped fine
- 1 quart ziploc bag (for piping the yolk mixture into the egg)
- paprika (to garnish, chives or cilantro leaves would be good, too)
- 1Cook your eggs and bacon at the same time if you don't have leftovers.
- 2Slice the eggs lengthwise in half and pop the yolks into a small mixing bowl.
- 3Mash the yolks thoroughly with the next four ingredients.
- 4Add the mayo in 3rds till it's the consistency you like, mashing any lumps of yolk. I use all the mayo but some people don't want to consume that much. More mayo makes a lighter filling.
- 5Salt to taste, then add the onion, jalapeno and bacon and mix well.
- 6Place in the quart ziploc bag (fold the top edge well down so you don't get yolk all over it and spoon the mixture into one of the corners. Unfold the bag top, smooth out any air, twirl the bag to seal the egg into it and clip the corner off the bag.
- 7Pipe the yolk into the egg halves. It makes quite a bit so you can mound the yolk over on the solid white part of the egg, as you fill it.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.2 mg
- Sodium 208.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: