1/2 Photos of Jalapeno-Bacon Corn Bread
This corn bread is so moist and flavorful. It reheats beautifully in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Cook bacon in frying pan until crispy; drain on paper towels.
- 3Pour 2 Tblsp. of bacon grease into 9 inch cast iron skillet or 9 inch square baking pan.
- 4Crumble bacon into small bowl;add green onions and peppers.
- 5Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- 6Beat egg slightly in medium bowl; add yogurt and whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk and butter.
- 7Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 8Stir in bacon mixture.
- 9Pour into skillet or baking pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- 11Cut into wedges or squares; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno-Bacon Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 446.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g