Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and delicious with a perfect amount of kick! Add more or less jalapenos depending on how much heat you and your crowd can take! Best served with tortillas, bagel/pita chips or raw veggies. This is not a low fat food but it will go so fast your friends will barely notice! If you want to be a little easier on the waist line, you can substitute low fat Mayo and Cream Cheese for the regular brands - it will still be yummy! Enjoy, Chickalicious from NYC
- 7 ounces jalapenos (well drained and de-seeded) or 7 ounces diced chilies (well drained and de-seeded)
- 1 (12 -14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts (well drained and separated)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and well drained (squeeze out all water) (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Microwave cream cheese in microwave until softened.
- In a medium pyrex bowl, mix cream cheese with grated mozzarella cheese and mayo.
- Add in drained and separated artichoke hearts.
- Lastly add in diced chiles. Fold in all ingredients taking care not to break up artichokes too much.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 300-350 degrees F.
- Remove foil and broil the dish until the top layer is browned and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with sides.
- Note: When the dish cools it will congeal. Simply put in microwave for a few seconds and stir. It will return to proper consistency.