1/7 Photos of Jalapeno and Sardine Tartines
This recipe was originally from Bon Appetit using Piquillo Peppers but they are not readily available in my area so I have made the recipe "Home" friendly. If you wish to cut back on fat sub an "no oil" spray on the bread instead of olive oil. "No Oil" is similar to Pam. If you like "HOT" sprinkle the sardines with a few drops of hot sauce before adding the Jalapenos or if you like mild use sweet red peppers. Save some lemon wedges for garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 inch thick slices baguette, cut on the diagonal, Apprx 3-inch length each
- 29.58 ml virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (212 g) can boneless skinless sardines (packed in water)
- 6 slice onions, very thin cut separated into rings
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 36 capers, well drained
- 2 large jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1Brush each slice of bread, both sides lightly with olive oil or spray lightly with "No Oil".
- 2Place slices under the broiler for apprx 1 minute each side or until the slices area very light brown.
- 3Place the slices on a large platter and evenly distribute the finely chopped garlic on top of each slice.(or if you are not really a garlic lover just rub each slice with a clove of garlic).
- 4Carefully remove the sardines from the cans trying not to break the filets.
- 5Sprinkle sardines with lemon juice.
- 6Top the baquette slices with the sardine filets.
- 7Place a couple of rings of onion on top then 3 capers on each.
- 8Finally sprinkle on the finely chopped Jalapenos.
- 9Garnish the platter with some parsley & Lemon wedges.
- 10Serve & enjoy.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno and Sardine Tartines
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 964.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: