Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Before I joined the Lunch Bunch at work, I would make hummus for lunch. One batch would last Monday through Thursday. (We go out on Fridays)... a box of crackers, maybe some salami, and hummus. Perfect healthy lunch!
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (white kidney beans)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (I prefer the heat of the seeds)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use Lawry's seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) plain low-fat yogurt (OPTIONAL for more creamy texture) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or Magic Bullet.
- Mix until done.
- If it is too thick, add more olive oil.
- Dip in!