Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hummos with a twist. Serve the hummos with warmed pita triangles.
- 19 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno pepper, cilantrol and oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Can thin with a few spoonfuls of unflavoured yogurt or yogurt cheese (directions for yogurt cheese is on #38422)
- To roast garlic: Remove all the paper skin around the garlic. Trim off the top of the garlic head. Place garlic in a bit of tin foil and brush lightly with olive oil if desired. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 20 minutes. The garlic should be tender when you squeeze it gently. I use my toaster oven to cook the garlic.