Recipe by MariaCBarton
These turkey burgers are a delicious alternative to red meat and are perfect to throw on the grill for a healthy summer meal.
Top Review by hankinnic
Great Results! I doubled up on the ingediedients to make 8 huge burgers. Also try smoking these babies, you wont be dissapointed. ;)
NB. I Allowed mix to firm up in the fridge for an hour or 2 before building as it can be a bit wet. Also back in for a while once built.
- 566.99 g ground turkey breast, extra lean
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced (store bought)
- 29.58-44.37 ml barbecue sauce
- 4.92 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2.46 ml black pepper, coursely ground
- 73.94 ml fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 24.64 ml diced jalapenos (or Giuliano Jalapeno Spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients (turkey - pepper). If the turkey mixture is too wet, you can add in some more bread crumbs.
- Lay out wax paper for forming the patties. Scoop mixture out by 1/4 cup then adjust if necessary so you have 10 equal sized mounds.
- Form into 10 patties, with 5 of them being slightly larger than the others (to cover the filling).
- On five of the patties, spread one tsp of the Giuliano Jalapeno Spread then top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining 5 patties and press the edges to seal.
- Patties will be piled up in the middle, so press in the middle to flatten.
- Grill until cooked through (about 12-15 minutes).