These turkey burgers are a delicious alternative to red meat and are perfect to throw on the grill for a healthy summer meal.
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast, extra lean
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (store bought)
- 2 -3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coursely ground
- 5 tablespoons fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons diced jalapenos (or Giuliano Jalapeno Spread)
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients (turkey - pepper). If the turkey mixture is too wet, you can add in some more bread crumbs.
- Lay out wax paper for forming the patties. Scoop mixture out by 1/4 cup then adjust if necessary so you have 10 equal sized mounds.
- Form into 10 patties, with 5 of them being slightly larger than the others (to cover the filling).
- On five of the patties, spread one tsp of the Giuliano Jalapeno Spread then top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining 5 patties and press the edges to seal.
- Patties will be piled up in the middle, so press in the middle to flatten.
- Grill until cooked through (about 12-15 minutes).