1/2 Photos of Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread
Sue Lau's Note:
Flavorful with chiles, this would go great with ham & beans or grilled steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly grease an oblong 9 x 11 baking pan or coat with cooking spray.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- 4Stir in cheese, corn, jalapeños, buttermilk and eggs, just enough to blend.
- 5Stir in the melted butter.
- 6Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool in pan 15 minutes then cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 523.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g