Flavorful with chiles, this would go great with ham & beans or grilled steak.
Make and share this Jalapeno and Cheddar Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease an oblong 9 x 11 baking pan or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Stir in cheese, corn, jalapeños, buttermilk and eggs, just enough to blend.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 15 minutes then cool on wire rack.