1/1 Photo of Jalapeno and Basil-Glazed Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If desired, remove skin from chicken.
- 2For rub, in a small bowl combine oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper.
- 3Spoon rub evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- 4For sauce, in a small saucepan combine jalapeno jelly, basil, and lime juice.
- 5Cook and stir over low heat until jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- 6For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan.
- 7Place chicken, bone side up, on grill rack over drip pan.
- 8Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once and brushing with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- 9(For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
- 10To serve, reheat and pass the remaining sauce with chicken.
- 11Nutritional Information.
- 121 serving:Calories 377;Fat 13g(Saturated 3g);Cholesterol 104mg;Sodium 226mg;Carbohydrate 27g(Dietary Fiber 0g);(Protein 37g).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno and Basil-Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 203.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g