Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Jalapeno and Basil-Glazed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium chicken breasts, halved lengthwise (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- If desired, remove skin from chicken.
- For rub, in a small bowl combine oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper.
- Spoon rub evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine jalapeno jelly, basil, and lime juice.
- Cook and stir over low heat until jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan.
- Place chicken, bone side up, on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once and brushing with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
- To serve, reheat and pass the remaining sauce with chicken.
- Nutritional Information.
- 1 serving:Calories 377;Fat 13g(Saturated 3g);Cholesterol 104mg;Sodium 226mg;Carbohydrate 27g(Dietary Fiber 0g);(Protein 37g).
Easy and very sympatico with my husband's two left cooking feet.
A great way to use up jalapeno jelly. I am not sure why but I didn't taste the basil very much. This was especially good when hot. The next day the spiciness seemed to be muted (good for my daughter, who doesn't like spicy!). A versatile chicken dish! Thanks for posting, Mariposa. Roxygirl
Simple and very yummy! Used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and homemade jalapeno jelly. Leftovers were wonderful in pasta salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!