- 2 medium chicken breasts, halved lengthwise (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- If desired, remove skin from chicken.
- For rub, in a small bowl combine oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper.
- Spoon rub evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine jalapeno jelly, basil, and lime juice.
- Cook and stir over low heat until jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan.
- Place chicken, bone side up, on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once and brushing with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
- To serve, reheat and pass the remaining sauce with chicken.
- Nutritional Information.
- 1 serving:Calories 377;Fat 13g(Saturated 3g);Cholesterol 104mg;Sodium 226mg;Carbohydrate 27g(Dietary Fiber 0g);(Protein 37g).