Recipe source: Saveur (April 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- 2Fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp (10-15 minutes).
- 3Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 4Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 5Pour bacon fat into a bowl and set aside.
- 6Melt Crisco and 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat together in the same skillet over medium heat.
- 7Grease a muffin tin with remaining bacon grease and transfer to oven so muffin tin will be hot.
- 8In a large bowl beat eggs.
- 9Add bacon, onions, jalapenos, pickling juice, sugar, baking soda, salt, cumin and pepper and stir well to combine.
- 10Add cornmeal and buttermilk and stir to combine.
- 11Add the hot fat (from the skillet) and stir until combined.
- 12Remove muffin tin from oven.
- 13Pour batter into muffin tins.
- 14Bake or 15-20 minutes or until done and toothpick comes clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno and Bacon Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 628.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: