1/7 Photos of Jalapeno and Avocado Cheeseburgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated red onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers (with or 2-3 teaspoons without seeds)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt (you can always add more at the table)
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped very fine
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, cut in half length wise, pit removed, inside scooped out and sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl gently combine just until blended, the ground chuck, red onion, parsley, jalapeno, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Gently shape the mixture into 4 patties of equal size and thickness, 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- 3With your knuckle or thumb, make a shallow depression about 1 inch wide in the center of each patty. (This will help the patties cook evenly and prevent them from shrinking on the grill).
- 4Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit, and scoop out the inside in once piece with a spoon.
- 5Cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- 6Heat grill for medium high heat.
- 7Brush the cooking grate clean.
- 8Rub some oil on the cooking grate to help with sticking.
- 9Grill the patties over direct medium high heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to medium, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and moving around on the grill for even cooking.
- 10During the last minute of grilling time place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt, and grill the buns, cut side down until toasted, 20 to 30 seconds.
- 11Assemble the cheeseburgers with the avocado and lettuce, if using and a little mustard or other spread you like.
- 12NOTE: I didn't add any additional condiments to mine but some friends loaded their's with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and loved it. Use what you like.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno and Avocado Cheeseburgers
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.7
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 707.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 51.2 g