Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from the cooking blog Closet Cooking.
Make and share this Jalapeno Ale and Cheddar Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g bacon, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 2-4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.92 ml thyme, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 340.19 g bottle ale
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat and set aside on paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons of the grease in the pan.
- Add the onion, celery and jalapeno and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the butter and let it melt and get all bubbly then sprinkle on the flour and let it cook until it starts to turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ale followed by the broth and bacon and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese and cook until the cheese has melted but do not bring it back to a boil.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. and enjoy.