Jalapeno Ale and Cheddar Soup
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat and set aside on paper towels to drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons of the grease in the pan.
- Add the onion, celery and jalapeno and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the butter and let it melt and get all bubbly then sprinkle on the flour and let it cook until it starts to turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ale followed by the broth and bacon and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese and cook until the cheese has melted but do not bring it back to a boil.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. and enjoy.