Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is something that I improvised one day out of what I had on hand. My DH liked it enough that it is something he now asks for regularly. NOTE* This is an edit to add that the breadcrumbs in this recipe can be replaced with the canned "French-fried" onions,and it is excellent that way!!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 6 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (*see note)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butterfly chicken breasts to as even a thickness as possible.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic powder to your taste.
- Cut jalapeños in half and remove seeds and membranes, then dice.
- Dice onion.
- Combine cream cheese, diced onion, jalapeños and soup-mix together well.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place each chicken breast out flat on pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture equally on each chicken breast.
- Top each breast equally with bread crumbs. *(I use unseasoned crumbs because the soup-mix is a bit salty).
- Place in oven for 40-45 minutes. Check halfway through cooking time and cover with foil if needed (ovens can vary, so you may or may not need to do so).
What a quick and delicious dish!! Thought it to be a lil salty, but yet that didn't stop us from eating all of it!!
We thought this was very good. I was afraid that the 6 peppers would've been too hot, so I used 4 pretty large peppers instead. I guess once you remove the seeds and membranes, the heat is gone and you are left with very flavorful peppers, so I shouldn't have been afraid! The cream cheese mixture was very flavorful and the chicken itself was moist and tender. I just felt that the breadcrumbs, all by themselves on top of the cream cheese mixture, made the dish a little too dry. I was worried about this and put about 1/4 cup of butter on top of the breadcrumbs and I think it helped. Thanks for posting this recipe. I'm glad I tried it and would definitely make this again!
We enjoyed this tonight and it was easy to make. It was not hot at all from the jalapeÃ±os. But not knowing that at first I left them out until after I spread my DH piece with the mixture. Bert's Kitchen Witch thank you for posting this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 2007