Recipe by Bert's Kitchen Witch
This is something that I improvised one day out of what I had on hand. My DH liked it enough that it is something he now asks for regularly. NOTE* This is an edit to add that the breadcrumbs in this recipe can be replaced with the canned "French-fried" onions,and it is excellent that way!!
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 6 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (*see note)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butterfly chicken breasts to as even a thickness as possible.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic powder to your taste.
- Cut jalapeños in half and remove seeds and membranes, then dice.
- Dice onion.
- Combine cream cheese, diced onion, jalapeños and soup-mix together well.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place each chicken breast out flat on pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture equally on each chicken breast.
- Top each breast equally with bread crumbs. *(I use unseasoned crumbs because the soup-mix is a bit salty).
- Place in oven for 40-45 minutes. Check halfway through cooking time and cover with foil if needed (ovens can vary, so you may or may not need to do so).