Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stars make a nice appetizer to serve with cocktails. Best at room temperature. (Originally from Canadian Living)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 -3 seeded very finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and cheese.
- Add butter, jalapeño and red peppers.
- pulse or cut in with pastry blender until ball forms.
- Between sheets of waxed paper, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using star shaped cookie cutters of various sizes, cut out about 45 stars.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in centre of 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to racks and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Can be refrigerated in air tight containers for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 weeks, Reheat for 5 to 10 minutes to serve.
We don't usually like hot things but these have a nice kick to them! Made some extra for the holiday party season coming up soon.....