Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm on a Mexican craze lately and couldn't resist this recipe. The spicy jalapeños with the cumin, corn and cheddar cheese is delectable! This turns out like a pudding/bread. Adapted from a Sunset recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 -7 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl then add corn, onion, olives, oil and chilies; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine garlic salt, baking powder, cumin and cornmeal; add to egg mixture with 1 cup of the cheese; stir to blend.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9-inch square baking pan; scatter remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until golden brown, about 40-50 minutes.
- To serve, spoon out of pan.