Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry! A step above the ordinary poppers! Beautiful peppers filled with creamy garlic and chive potatoes, wrapped with prosciutto and baked in a warm, flaky blanket of delicious, buttery pastry....your guests will swoon! (Don't tell them how easy they were to make, it'll be our secret! ;) )
- 8 large fresh jalapenos
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, 2-3 servings
- 2 tablespoons philly chive and cream cheese with garlic and herbs, very soft
- 4 slices prosciutto, paper-thin, cut each into 4 strips making 16 total
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and chilled
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare mashed potatoes according to pouch directions and stir in cream cheese. Set aside.
- While potatoes set up, slice jalapeños in half lengthwise, clean out seeds and membranes, and place onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- On floured surface, cut each sheet of pastry into four squares. Then cut each square in half corner-to-corner making 16 triangles. *I like to use my fluted-edge pastry wheel for this, but a pizza wheel works just fine, too.
- Overfill each jalapeño half with potato mixture, and wrap each with a strip of prosciutto, place onto wide ends of pastry triangles and roll up towards pointed end. Place pointed end-down back onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- *Before baking, you can brush outsides and top with an egg wash, but isn't necessary.
- **Serve with warmed raspberry jam if desired for dunking.