Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Appetizers I made this up so I could have baked instead of fried jalapeño poppers. Use light or fat free cheese to decrease calories.
- Pop the jalapeños in a plastic bag and then into microwave oven for 2 minutes. Let cool in bag.
- Thaw one puff pastry sheet and cut into 12 squares.
- Cut the cream cheese into 12 cubes.
- When jalapeños are cool, remove from bag and cut in half lengthwise. Clean out seeds. Do this in well ventilated area and use gloves.
- Place one cube cream cheese in jalapeño half, squeezing into pepper half.
- Using one of the 12 squares of puff pastry, wrap around pepper and cheese covering completely.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have 12 poppers on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with jalapeño jelly (you can buy in any grocery store).