Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Jalapeños with pineapple & smoked gouda stuffing.
- 1 -2 dozen jalapeno
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Soften cream cheese, grate the gouda, partially drain the can of crushed pineapple and combine all with the bacon bits.
- While that rests, cut the stem ends off 1 to 2 dozen jalapeños, depending on their size. Remove the seeds and the membrane. Using a small spoon or knife stuff each jalapeño.
- Place the filled jalapenos in a rack and cook on the grill or in the oven at 350° for 30-45 minutes, again, depending on the size.
- Keep some of the cheese mixture to serve with them because some of the cheese will bubble out. I use a foil bread pan and cut X's in the bottom, place upside down and press the jalapeños into each hole. Can usually get 6-8 in each. Makes cleanup easy, just throw them away after. I also have a jalapeño rack I got at a store, but the foil is way easier and will accommodate various sized jalapeños. All love these with the hot peppers and the sweetness of the pineapple. The smoked gouda is a nice touch and differs greatly from cheddar. Can also dice jalapeño to add to the cheese mix. ENJOY.
5 Stars all the way! Thanks so much for a great recipe!