1/1 Photo of Jalapeño Jelly
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe gets rave reviews everywhere I take it. I made this step-by-step for beginners. I taught my friend in one afternoon and now she's hooked! No "heat" to this jelly, just a beautiful presentation that's soo easy to prepare. Put in pretty jelly jars for a great hand-made gift! Pour a jar over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers for a quick appetizer that's sure to be a hit!
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Equipment (I left out the basics like knives, etc).
- 2Hot water canner
- 324 half-pint jelly jars, lids and rings.
- 4Small saucepan.
- 5Very large pot that will hold at least a gallon of boiling liquid.
- 6Canning funnel.
- 7Rubber gloves.
- 8Start a hot water canner 3/4 full of hot tap water boiling on high.
- 9Place washed jelly jars into a 200 degree oven to sterilize (no lids!).
- 10Seed, devein and chop jalapeños and red bell peppers into 1/4 inch pieces. Always wear disposable rubber gloves when you handle hot peppers and DON'T touch anything else in your kitchen with the gloves!
- 11Bring jalapeños, vinegar and sugar to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- 12Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes (this step removes most of the "heat" from the jalapeños).
- 13Meanwhile, pour boiling hot water into a sauce pan and place jar lids in the hot water (not the rings).
- 14Remove jelly from heat and add pectin.
- 15Stir well and mix in 10 drops of food coloring.
- 16Quickly ladle into hot jars (leave about 1/4 inch of room from the brim) and wipe down rim of jar with a clean washcloth. Don't under fill any of the jars! If you can't fill the last jar entirely, just put it in the fridge and enjoy it later.
- 17Place a hot lid and a room-temp ring on the jar immediately.
- 18After all the jars are filled with hot jelly, place in the boiling water bath for 10 minutes (water needs to cover the lids by at least 1 inch).
- 19Allow jars to cool at room temperature. Check after 24 hours for a seal (the lid will have sucked down tight). If any of the jelly didn't seal, place in the refrigerator immediately and consume within 3 months.
- 20Store in a cool, dry place.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeño Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (4165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 109.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g