Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A cool, light, delicious, somewhat spicy dip to be served with pita chips or nacho chips. I found this recipe under a different name in a "Company's Coming" recipe book, but altered the ingredients slightly for my own taste.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup diced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- It is recommended that this dip is chilled for at least 6 hours before serving to properly blend the flavors.
Very tasty stuff! I cut it down to 1/2 cup to use up some things that needed using. Otherwise, made as listed! I enjoyed this with Wheatables crackers and it was great. Thanks for sharing!
Quick and easy. I used pepperoncini peppers instead of jalapenos (it just happened to be what was available in my grocery store), so the dip was a bit milder than it would be if I followed the recipe exactly as written.