Recipe by Bergy
These are very tasty and quite different from your regular "Poppers". Serve these as appetizers or as a side dish with a Mexican style meal. You can make these in the morning but wait to drizzle on the pecans until just before putting them in the oven If you are making them ahead, store in the fridge lightly covered until you are ready to bake them. Try them--I think you'll like them.
Top Review by 3KillerBs
Flavorful, but little disappointing. The pecans didnâ€™t go with the rest as well as it sounded like they would and it needed to be MUCH cheesier. It wants some really SHARP cheddar or something like that.
- 6 large size fresh jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds & membrane removed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, chopped fairly fine
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (lite is fine)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the chicken, onion, garlic powder, tomato and cream cheese. Season with salt & pepper; mix well.
- Mix together the chopped pecans and brown sugar; set aside.
- Stuff the cleaned jalapeño halves; pat the stuffing into the peppers with your fingers so it fills the pepper and is slightly curved above the side of the peppers.
- Drizzle on the chopped pecans so they are well covered.
- Place on an oven-proof pan.
- Bake in 375° oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.