Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
a 2004 Pillsbury Bake-Off winner
Make and share this Jalapeño-Chicken Crescent Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped sliced jalapeno chiles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F In small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough until well combined; set aside.
- Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal. Spread half of cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
- Bake at 375°F for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
I have made this once and will make again with tweaks: the filling needs to be spread on thicker all the way to the edge and I will add a little hot sauce to the mix and less jalepeno. Definately something to play around with because it is really good!
Just deliscious! They were so easy and i can't wait to try my own variations. will be a must serve for any party.
These were really easy. I used a combination of jalapeno and green pepper and also substituted the cilantro with spinach. These had a subtle bite and were enjoyed at the family Christmas potluck!