Recipe by NicoletteL
I'm in a smoked paprika kick right now, and I thought It would taste good in a bread, so I changed a cheese bread recipe around from my sunbeam bread maker recipes. With a little butter it tastes so good. It has the perfect smoky flavor with the right amount of "kick". If you use the rapid button it will make the bread in 3 hours instead of 4.
Top Review by Julie F
I increased the ingredients in this recipe to 1 1/2 loaves, because I didn't think the small amount of ingredients would bake well in my bread machine. That was very easy to do and with the changes it baked up nicely. Next time I would like to take the dough and bake it, either as rolls as the previous reviewer did, or as a loaf in the oven. Mine seemed to have a "bread machine taste" to it as many breads that are baked in the machine do. It smelled absolutely heavenly as it cooked. I used a Mexican Blend of cheeses and added several tablespoons of jarred diced jalapeno. It gave it just the right flavor. The smoked paprika is a great addition too! Thanks for sharing!
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to your machines directions (mine take liquids first, and then dry).
- Select setting for white bread.
- Select setting for crust type (I use dark).
- Select rapid for faster cooking (optional).
- Hit start.