Recipe by Manami
Potatoes cooked in a cast-iron skillet and seasoned with scallions, jalapeño pepper and white Cheddar are a tasty dish any time.Served these with a black peppered strip steak - oh so good! www.cuisinerecipes.com. ;)
Top Review by 74671.375
These potatoes were delicious and the cheese just disappeared and made them glisten somehow. These are great with eggs. I forgot how much I love my cast iron skillet I think I've been kidding myself on the exclusive use of non-stick skillets! Cuisine at Home magazine is the weirdest publication but I get some amazing recipes from it like this one.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes, drain.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry potatoes in oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add scallions and jalapeno to skillet, sauté 1 minute, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
- Residual heat will melt the cheese.