The caipirinha is a perfect summer cocktail - full flavored Brazilian sugarcane rum (cachaca), cut by zesty lime and sweet sugar. This version uses muddled jalapeño. At first sip, you get sweetness and light, but then a warming rush of the chili pepper comes in like a burst of tropical sun. Served at Brasserio Caviar and Banana in NYC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a highball glass, muddle the jalapeño pepper with the sugar and lime. The jalapeño seeds may be added back in to taste, but will make the cocktail hotter. Fill the glass with ice, then fill the glass with cachaca, and stir up from the bottom or shake to mix.
- 2Here's how you "muddle" ingredients for a cocktail:.
- 3Place ingredients into an old fashioned glass, small bowl or mixing glass.
- 4If using the glass, wrap a towel around it, in case it breaks.
- 5Using a wooden muddler or back of a spoon, crush ingredients against the sides and bottom.
- 6Mix so all ingredients are well married.
- 7Prepare your cocktail.
- 9A mortar and pestle may be used when making a lot of drinks.
- 10Always use the freshest ingredients.
- 11Wood will not scratch your glass.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeño Caipirinha Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g