Recipe by The unknown chef
My family loves this stuff. It's a great way to use up eggplant from the garden, but don't let that stop you from picking some up from your local market. You will not be disappointed. The sour cream really makes this special, the same way it does on potato pancakes. I would like to thank James Craig for the basis for this recipe. Enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise (canola or olive)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 -2 lb peeled eggplant, sliced about 3/8 inch
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 2 ingredients, stir well.
- Spread evenly over both sides of eggplant slices (a fork works well for this).
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and spices in a shallow bowl; toss eggplant with breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, lightly spray tops of eggplant slices.
- Bake@ 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Turn eggplant over; and bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sour cream spread on top, salt lightly .