Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Weekly newspaper. Try this at your next party and see the guests give awesome comments! ENJOY!
- 1⁄2 kg chicken or 1⁄2 kg beef, shredded
- oil, to fry
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 onions
- 4 red hot peppers
- 50 g ginger
- 50 g garlic
- 3 maggi beef bouillon cubes or 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 cups long-grain basmati rice, cooked
- Marinate the chicken/beef with salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, ginger and garlic.
- Cook rice and keep aside.
- Heat the oil.
- Blend the tomatoes, red hot pepper, ginger, garlic and 2 onions (peeled).
- Add this paste to the oil.
- Keep frying for sometime, then add one chopped onion.
- Keep frying till it becomes a thick paste and the oil is visible floating on top.
- Now, boil the marinated meat separately along with one onion and the Maggi meat stock cubes of your choice.
- Once its done, add it to the paste prepared above.
- Finally mix this paste into the cooked rice.
- Serve with a salad of your choice!