Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dish my 8 year old son has made and asked me to post for him. He got it off the back of a store brand box of mac & cheese, and prepared it with ease on his night to cook.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup canned peas, drained (optional)
- Prepare the Mac& Cheese and directed on the package.
- Stir in the milk and mushroom soup.
- Stir in the tuna and peas.
- Heat over low heat until all ingredients are hot.
Very simple recipe but quite delicious. I would also recommend adding a bit of fresh dill on top for extra flavour.
I wanted to make tuna casserole and I remembered a recipe like this that I used to like when I was younger. I made a double recipe except just used 1 can of mushroom soup. It turned out perfect and my whole family loved it. Thanks for posting!