Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are my infamous potatoes that have become a tradition with many families. I came up with the recipe through trial and error.
- 10 cups diced potatoes (bout 3/4 inch pieces)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning (can use an Italian mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- Dice potatoes and place in a sealable bag (ziplock style).
- Best to split quantity into two bags.
- Add olive oil and Cavenders to each bag, seal and shake vigorously.
- (Optional) Allow potatoes to marinade for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Empty bags onto two cookies sheets in a single.
- Flip potatoes once during cooking, bake until they are crunchy.
- Transfer to a casserole pan, cover with cheese and bacon bits.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly.
- Enjoy my family favorite.
Pretty good --- DH loved them!
Made this recipe to accompany roasted chicken. The only change I made was to use real bacon that I cooked and crumbled instead of bacon bits. The potatoes had a good flavor, but I think a bit of salt would have put them over the top. Will add some in when I make these again.