Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Putting this here for safe-keeping, because I keep losing track of the dang email that was sent to me that included the recipe. Sooooo good.
- 2 lbs chicken, whichever cut you prefer
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, plus 1 teaspooon garlic powder, separated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, separated
- 8 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat OK)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups shredded taco cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 10 medium sized tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken with seasoning salt, pepper, 1 t. garlic powder. Shred cooked chicken and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, chopped onion and green pepper and heat in skillet over medium heat until softened. Add cooked chicken, cumin, chili powder, remaining garlic powder and stir well.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and 2 Celsius of the taco cheese. Lay in single later in prepared 9x13 pan.
- In separate bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk. Stir well and set aside.
- Top the tortillas with shredded pepper jack, then top with soup mixture and then remaining taco cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes, then remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve with any of the optional toppings above.