Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
You all know of my love of Jake and his family. One of Jake's favorite foods was "chickaladas" which is a 4 year old's word for enchiladas. God Bless You Jakeydoodle, I miss you.
- 1 -2 lb chicken, cooked and shredded (or 3 cans drained cooked chicken)
- 16 ounces sour cream, divided
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, divided
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken with 1-1/2 cans soup, 1 can chopped green chilies, and 8 oz sour cream.
- Spread mixture down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll each tortilla up and place in baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl, 1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup, remaining 8 oz sour cream, and 4 oz can chopped green chilies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Delicious!! We really enjoyed these rich and creamy enchiladas. I wanted to stretch this a little and got 12 enchiladas by using all of the chicken filling inside the enchiladas and none on top. I added some cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder to the chicken mixture, and I think that next time I might add some chopped green onion to the filling, as well. Also, I used Mexican 4-blend cheese instead of the cheddar. I baked this in a 9x13" pan, covered with foil for 40 mins, and uncovered for 10 mins. My family devoured these and gave them 2-thumbs up. Thank you Sherrybeth for sharing this wonderful recipe. *Made for 2009 Football Pool*
I made this last trip for my crew of 9 giant men and they tore it UP! There was not a scrap left when the meal was over! This one is a sure keeper!
Jake's favoite is now our family favorite! These are so good and easy to make. I put the chicken in the crock pot in the morning so it was ready to shred by dinner. The only change I made was to use fresh roasted poblano chilies instead of canned. I loved the flour tortillas in this recipe. We will have this again and again! Thanks Sherrybeth and precious Jake - whose touching videos I found on YouTube.