Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now here's the conundrum.... My Laurel's Kitchen cookbook says this dip is of Armenian origin, but all the references I have found online indicate that jaji is Thai. Regardless, this is exceptionally oniony but refreshing. Use as a dip or sandwich spread.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup yogurt cheese (plain yogurt, drained, read NOTE*)
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced green bell pepper
- 3 -4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped (I prefer to use dark green celery because it's very strong tasting, however, omit the leaves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- *NOTE: There are several easy recipes on this site for preparing the yogurt cheese.
- Once the yogurt cheese has been drained, combine it with the cottage cheese and mash with a potato masher or use a food mill. Drain off any liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Chill at least 3 hours until ready to serve. Garnish the top of the dip with a few slices of scallions and a sprinkle of dill weed.
- Preparation time does not include draining the yogurt.