Recipe by JAIMEla
Moist, lemony--oh so good, delicious AND nutritious! I wanted a lemon something. I went searching through Recipezaar recipes and I realized I had no bundt cake pan and I was missing ingredients for most of the recipes I found--so I snooped in my pantry and the muffins were born. FAST and Yummy! Ya gotta try it!
Top Review by David1234568790
My Wife Just Made This Recipe!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! I really really enjoyed it!!!! That lemon cream cheese icing was wonderful!!! I enjoyed them SOOOO MUCH that I even did the dishes for her!!! SHE DESERVED IT!!!
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) boxesmartha white honey bran muffin mix
- 1 small lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 small lemon, juice of (the remainder of the zested lemon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 2 muffin mixes by package directions.
- Add squirt of lemon and the zest.
- Mix briefly.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin cups (follow package directions for cooking time etc.).
- Cool completely.
- Icing: Beat with electric mixer: the softened cream cheese and butter with vanilla and lemon juice till creamed.
- Add sifted powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time; mix well and scrape bowl often.
- Ice muffins.
- Be sure to refrigerate--cream cheese is perishable!