For the Meat
- 1 lb pork cutlet, about 1/2 ",thick
- 1 -2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use gluten-free)
For the Gravy
- 2 ounces bacon, diced
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the cutlets and rub in the salt and pepper.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Dip cutlets into the beaten egg and then, crumbs.
- Brown in a small amount of oil over low heat for about 10 minutes on each side.
- While meat is browning, saute' the bacon and onions until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and mushrooms and saute' over a low heat.
- Add the wine, water, and seasonings; let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Pour over the schnitzel.