Jagerschnitzel, or Hunter's Schnitzel, is as close to German comfort food as it gets. Pork cutlets served with a rich, creamy mushroom gravy, this recipe is as delicious as it is simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3Dredge pork chops in flour, fry until golden brown.
- 4Remove pork chops, keep warm.
- 5After pork chops are done, reduce heat to medium and scrape bottom of the pan to get the good bits up.
- 6Add bacon to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add onion to pan, cook until translucent.
- 8Add mushrooms (including water), cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 9Dissolve bullion cube in water, then add to pan.
- 10Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often. Mixture should reduce by half.
- 11Combine cornstarch and sour cream, add to pan and mix well.
- 12Heat gravy until warm, but do not boil.
- 13Spoon gravy over pork chops, serve immediately.
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jagerschnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.1
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 265.7 mg
- Sodium 495.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 86.1 g