Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Jagerschnitzel, or Hunter's Schnitzel, is as close to German comfort food as it gets. Pork cutlets served with a rich, creamy mushroom gravy, this recipe is as delicious as it is simple!
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dredge pork chops in flour, fry until golden brown.
- Remove pork chops, keep warm.
- After pork chops are done, reduce heat to medium and scrape bottom of the pan to get the good bits up.
- Add bacon to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion to pan, cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms (including water), cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Dissolve bullion cube in water, then add to pan.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often. Mixture should reduce by half.
- Combine cornstarch and sour cream, add to pan and mix well.
- Heat gravy until warm, but do not boil.
- Spoon gravy over pork chops, serve immediately.
My girlfriend and I LOVE this recipe! Beyond Delicious!
I only did the gravey part and served it with my cubed pork that my husband likes. He wasn't sure when I told him about it, but after having one of the cutlets with it decided this is his new favorite way to have them!
I let it reduce a little to much so it was very thick. Will add a couple of more slices of bacon next time. May use beef broth/stock next time instead of bouillon next time.
This was great. My son loved it.