Recipe by Ninjafluff
Jagerschnitzel, or Hunter's Schnitzel, is as close to German comfort food as it gets. Pork cutlets served with a rich, creamy mushroom gravy, this recipe is as delicious as it is simple!
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dredge pork chops in flour, fry until golden brown.
- Remove pork chops, keep warm.
- After pork chops are done, reduce heat to medium and scrape bottom of the pan to get the good bits up.
- Add bacon to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion to pan, cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms (including water), cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Dissolve bullion cube in water, then add to pan.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring often. Mixture should reduce by half.
- Combine cornstarch and sour cream, add to pan and mix well.
- Heat gravy until warm, but do not boil.
- Spoon gravy over pork chops, serve immediately.