It's all good's Note:
After spending 6 years in Germany, I decided to finally make this meal from scratch. This really turned out to be a very tasty meal. I use the left over oil for a side order of fries while I fix the gravy. The gravy also makes an excellent dip for the shoe string fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork or 1 lb veal cutlet
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Pound cutlets with a meat tenderizer to flatten them.
- 3Season cutlets with salt and pepper, dredge them in beaten eggs and then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- 4Place cutlets into oil in skillet.
- 5Fry until golden brown (1 or 2 minutes on each side).
- 6Remove the meat from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 7Keep the meat warm in the oven while you make the gravy. I set the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Sauté bacon, onions, and mushrooms until golden brown.
- 9Add gravy and sauté over a low heat.
- 10Add thyme, paprika, parsley, pepper, and salt.
- 11Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 12Pour gravy over Schnitzel just before serving.
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jagerschnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 2957.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 25.9 g