1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 55 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups onions, Minced
- 1/4 lb mushroom, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb beef, Ground, Coarse Grind (Ground beef should only be ground once and be the leanest you can get.)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, Fine, Dry
- 1In a frypan saute onions and mushrooms in vegetable oil until soft.
- 2Add ground beef; saute mixture 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in broth; bring to a simmer.
- 4Add worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t pepper.
- 5Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 6Drain and put through a food mill or grinder.
- 7Beat in 2 T butter, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper.
- 8Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 9Beat in eggs.
- 10Layer mixtures in a 1 1/2-quart buttered baking dish.
- 11Spread 1/3 of potatoes on bottom of dish.
- 12Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- 13Continue with layers, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- 14Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, and dot with remaining butter.
- 15Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes and then at 400 degrees for 10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jager-Eintopf (Hunter's Beef Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.2
- Calories from Fat 894
- Total Fat 99.4 g
- Saturated Fat 40.8 g
- Cholesterol 228.2 mg
- Sodium 1064.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.8 g