Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 – Spain/Portugal. It is a recipe by Ana Patuleia Ortins. I love rice dishes, this one sounds terrific.
Top Review by IngridH
We enjoyed this. A good dish all around, but I thought it could use more paprika. Instead of making on the stovetop, I used my rice cooker; which worked beautifully. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, fresh
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt, coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground (may use black pepper)
- 2 cups beans, lima, kidney, butter (freshly cooked or canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions and sauté until they are lightly golden, then toss in the parsley, paprika and bay leaves and simmer for a minute.
- Pour in the water, cover and bring to a boil, then add the rice, salt and pepper, and re-cover.
- When the rice starts to boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is almost down, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, recover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes more, then shut off the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.