Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 72 hrs
Cook 20 mins
From vegetarianrecipesandcooking.com, for ZWT 9--"Jeows or dips are found accompanying sticky rice at every meal in Laos. This special chili paste is indigenous to the ancient city of Luang Prabang. We've removed the usual dried water buffalo skin in this recipe. Serve with sticky rice and fried khai pene, a Mekong river weed." Prep time includes time for garlic to dry and maturing time.
- Place chopped garlic on a pan and dry in sun for 1 day.
- Fry garlic in oil until brown and crispy. Drain.
- Pound garlic into a paste and combine with other ingredients, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in saucepan and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until a paste has formed.
- Place in refrigerator covered for 2 days to mature.