72 hrs 20 mins
From vegetarianrecipesandcooking.com, for ZWT 9--"Jeows or dips are found accompanying sticky rice at every meal in Laos. This special chili paste is indigenous to the ancient city of Luang Prabang. We've removed the usual dried water buffalo skin in this recipe. Serve with sticky rice and fried khai pene, a Mekong river weed." Prep time includes time for garlic to dry and maturing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chopped garlic on a pan and dry in sun for 1 day.
- 2Fry garlic in oil until brown and crispy. Drain.
- 3Pound garlic into a paste and combine with other ingredients, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- 4Place mixture in saucepan and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until a paste has formed.
- 5Place in refrigerator covered for 2 days to mature.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jaew Bong--Lao Chili Paste
Serving Size: 1 (1461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2482.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17306.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.9 g
- Sugars 218.2 g
- Protein 96.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: