Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
(breaded veal cutlet with mushroom sauce)
Make and share this Jaegerschnitzel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb veal cutlet (about 1/4 in. thick)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces bacon, diced
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preparation of meat: pound cutlets and rub in salt and pepper.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the cutlets in beaten egg and then in crumbs.
- Brown in a small amount of oil over a low heat for about 10 minutes on each side. Preparation of gravy Whilemeat is browning, saute bacon and onions until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste and mushrooms, and saute over a low heat. Add wine, water and seasonings; let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Pour over Schnitzel.
The man of the house really loved the sauce with this one. Great:)
I love german food and this is a great recipe. My family really enjoyed it. I served this with German Potato Dumplings German Potato Dumplings and red cabbage. Great dinner.