Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My very favorite of the schnitzels. I like spatzle with mine.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 veal cutlets, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms in butter. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Sauté cutlets briefly. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add flour and stir until just fragrant.
- Add stock and wine, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Return mushrooms and veal to pan.
- Heat through and serve.