Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this as a main dish over potatoes. Nurrishing, cheap, easy and very tasty.
- 400 -500 g cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil or 50 g lean bacon, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- ground nutmeg
- 4 -6 tablespoons cream or 4 -6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- heat oil or bacon.
- Add onions, cabbage and sugar and fry until light to medium brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cream) and leave to cook for another 15 minutes.
- The cabbage should still have a bit of a bite to it.
- Add the cream and adjust the taste.