- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken very fine, or put in a blender or food processor. Soak chopped chicken in 1/2°C of chicken stock.
- Beat egg whites stiff then gently fold in cornstarch, chicken, and 1 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Cook spinach in a small amount of boiling water, drain well then squeeze out water and chop very fine.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry spinach for 30 seconds. Pour remaining 4°C chicken stock and sherry over spinach and bring to a boil. Add chicken mixture and bring to a boil, stirring rapidly.
- Season with 1 teaspoons salt. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch.