1/2 Photos of Jade Hummus With Pita Crisps
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
A great variation on the beloved hummus. Must have with the pita chips as the flavors were born to mingle. The pita chips cooked in my oven in 10 minutes, so you might want to periodically check that yours aren't burning. I added cilantro because... well, because I love it! Why else would I? ;o) Shamelessly stolen from The Soyfoods Council. The following is their website's nutrition information: CALORIES 147 (30%from fat); FAT 4.9 (sat 0.6g, mono 2.2g, poly1.9g); PROTEIN 5.6g; CARD 20.3g; FIBER 2.2g: CHOL 0mg; IRON 1.5mg; SODIUM 268mg; CALC 48mg
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (6 inch) pita bread, split in half horizontally
- 1 cup frozen blanched shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup loosely-packed cilantro (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Arrange pita halves in a single layer on oven rack; Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp; cool completely on wire rack; Break each pita half into about 6 chips.
- 3Prepare edamame according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- 4Place 1 tablespoon oil, along with salt, cumin, coriander, and garlic in a food processor; pulse 2 to 3 times or until coarsely chopped.
- 5Add edamame, parsley tahini, water, and lemon juice; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- 6Spoon hummus into serving bowl; Drizzle hummus with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jade Hummus With Pita Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 315.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g