Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious Cantonese-style chicken wings! I must give credit to my best friend, Sharon, who shared her mom's recipe with me years ago. It is always a hit and a regular at all our gatherings! Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, cut in half with tips removed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients and marinade overnight.
- Bake in a single layer (important) at 350 degrees uncovered for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn while cooking.
- Chicken should be dark and sticky.
- You can cook another half hour if necessary.